As a marketer, you have probably read a gazillion posts on personalization already. Covert Geo Targeter Review You know that it is a trending term in the digital industry, a requirement while reaching out to the target audience and just can’t be avoided – no matter how popular your brand is.
A personalized website goes beyond just a welcome message for an anonymous visitor. It is about being able to deliver a user experience that caters to his interests, adds value to them and yet, helps you achieve your end goal – conversions.
While the concept of personalization is fairly understood by businesses, marketers are yet to understand that the user experience needs to flow more naturally. The need to be non-intrusive is as important as personalization in the first place.
For instance, if you have a Spotify account and have used it a few times, on your next visit, the website will show artist recommendations based on your previous interaction. They collate the data of your website activity to gauge what you’re more likely to give a try to. Covert Geo Targeter Reviews Since music is a personal choice, using user data for these recommendations personalizes their experience without seeming too pushy.
Why should businesses focus on website personalization?
The generation of today doesn’t like being addressed as just another person in the crowd. This has resulted in very low response rates to broadcast messages from businesses. Unless the message is contextual or relevant to them, they are more likely to ignore it.
Here’s taking a look at some of the benefits of personalization:
- Higher conversion rates: When your website delivers exactly what the visitor wants to see or is interested in, he is more likely to click though a CTA and convert. Covert Geo Targeter BonusThe conversion could be a small commitment like subscribing to your newsletters or a total conversion where he completes a purchase. Either ways, the chances of conversions are much higher when personalized.
- Higher retention rates: If you have visitors returning back to your website, it is always a good idea to personalize according to the stage they are at in the customer journey. If you target them with the same content or the same proposition that they did not convert on the first time, they are not likely to do so again. Personalization helps you up the retention rate for your business.
- Higher monetization: Covert Geo Targeter Review Taking into consideration higher conversion rates and retention rates, it is a given that your business will have higher monetization with personalization in place. The longer a converted visitor stays with your brand, the more are the chances of a higher conversion eventually. According to a study on Monetate, personalization leads to 19% uplift in sales.
So how do you deliver a personalized experience to your website visitors?
5 ways to personalize your website experience for visitors
1. Leverage from localisation
One of the simplest and the most effective way to personalize a website for the visitor, is to use the location demographic that they are accessing your website from. Even though now the entire world is connected via the internet and understands a common language – Covert Geo Targeter Review English, acknowledging where they come from still has a big impact on your conversions.
For instance, if your business sells a certain product worldwide, you could ask a visitor where he comes from and accordingly display the pricing for it. You could also create location based content for this visitor like local customer reviews or discounts that are valid only in a specific area.
Localising all our website content makes it more convenient for the visitor as he is directly taken to what is relevant to him. You could make your website either detect the visitor’s information, or choose to ask him the moment he lands on it.
For example, the House of Blouse asks the visitor where he is from before he proceeds to sift through their products. Covert Geo Targeter Review This helps them show the visitor a currency that he understands and won’t have to use a converter for.
2. Know the traffic source
Every person from your target audience comes through a digital channel – it could social media or the search engine. And the way they stumble across your business, is going to be different too. So why welcome them with the same message or try converting them with a generalised campaign?
For example, if your business is into selling women apparels, there could be some that land on your website via a social media campaign Covert Geo Targeter Review on discounts and there could be some who stumble upon it searching for a brand on the search engine. Both of them have separate needs and hence need to be targeted with separate messages.
Knowing the traffic source can help marketers easily assist the visitor in finding the information he is looking for – creating a custom journey for him on the website. This will also help you understand which platform they are most active on and what captures their interest more.
3. Understand what stage they are at
Now here’s another thing about internet users, they need to guided towards a conversion if you don’t want them to wander away or get distracted by the other things available on the internet. Your website is not just going to be accessed by new visitors who are just coming to know of your business, Covert Geo Targeter but also existing customers from time to time.
A returning visitor is further ahead in the buying cycle and hence needs to be shared more knowledge of a product/service with to make him convert. On the other hand, someone who has just shown interest in your business, needs an introduction of what you do and what you offer the best to create a first impression that hooks him.
It is becoming increasingly important for businesses to look into their target market data to remain contextual and on top of their industry at all times. Leveraging from how a visitor has interacted with the website on his first visit, what he was looking for and his previous purchase triggers, marketers can create data based highly personalised campaigns that convert higher.
For instance, companies like Wigzo provide the marketer with machine learning and predictive analytics tools that analyse the existing data of a user to understand his current as well as future needs. Covert Geo Targeter Bonus This helps marketers deliver relevant user experiences to their website visitors.
5. Take a non-intrusive approach
Probably one of the most tried and tested ways to ensure that your target audience’s website visit leaves a good impression on him, is to make it highly non-intrusive and take the navigation into consideration.
While your business might have an offer to make to this visitor, it is also important to keep in mind that buyers today seek for information on a brand before they engage with it. Covert Geo Targeter Review They need time to understand how a product would add value to them and what other people like them are saying about it. Hence, it is better to leave all your promotions until a little later.
There are two ways though that you can promote something on your website without seeming too pushy:
- Exit intent or trigger based campaigns: A few companies offer smart bounce prevention or for business websites. This technology can be used to implement on-site campaigns that are either triggered by a visitor’s exit to hold him back longer or by an action he takes on the website. For instance, if you have an eCommerce website – target visitors with a quick request to subscribe to your newsletter if they want exclusive deals from them. The campaign shows up only when a visitor shows an indication of exit and immediately captures his attention. Since the deals add value to him in this case, he is more likely to convert on the campaign.
- Browser push notifications: You can alternatively implement browser push notifications on your website to get your promotions across to the visitor. When a visitor lands on your website, asking him if you could notify him of updates with a value proposition, Covert Geo Targeter Review is the best way to go about using this technology. Since the visitor here gets to choose if he wants the business to interact with him on a regular basis, it is non-intrusive. And every time that you do have a promotion to do, he’ll surely not be missing it.